In the last 90 days, Ian Tuttle purchased a trailer for $18,000 and then flipped it for about $45,000, netting a tidy $27,000 profit — and this was his very first real estate purchase!
So, in this episode, we’re performing a case study of the purchase, breaking down everything Ian did to achieve this incredible sale from the moment he signed up for my group mastermind to the moment he deposited that check into his bank account.
I think it’s really important to share stories from not just real estate veterans but also new players who are finding success. This industry isn’t just for giant corporations and old money. There are a lot of opportunities here, opportunities that just about anyone can take advantage of if they know how.
We tell stories about:
- [03:25] Taco-flavored meat products
- [04:00] Ian’s biggest takeaway from the mastermind
- [06:45] How Ian found this property for such a good deal
- [08:30] Putting up the capital and cleaning up the property
- [10:20] Going from contract to close
- [15:25] Ian’s ongoing purchase of a second property
- [16:50] How fear stopped Ian from jumping into real estate sooner
- [20:30] Working in real estate during the pandemic
- [26:55] Live and flips
- [30:20] Preparing for future opportunities
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: reisociety.com
- Red River Properties: www.facebook.com/RedRiverFL
- If you aren’t using Propstream yet, you should be. Get your 7-Day Free Trial at trial.propstreampro.com/reisociety
- Join the 30-Day Virtual Bootcamp Mastermind: www.reisociety.com/mastermind
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Christopher Voss and Tahl Raz
The REI Society Podcast is a production of Crate Media